There is an epidemic of violent assaults against women and children in the United States, including sexual assault, abduction, and sex trafficking.
According to a recent FBI report, the statistics on violent assaults are on the rise, including domestic minor sex trafficking.
- 68% of child homicides began as an abduction, endangered missing, or runaway.
- There are 116,000 searches for "child porn" in the United States daily.
- 1 in 6 children are victims of sexual abuse, 1 in 4 of those will become a sexual predator at some point in life if the abuse isn't identified and trauma
- More than half (at least 60%) of exploited children are sexual abuse survivors.
- 95% run away from home due to the abuse.
- There are approximately 300,000 runaways on the streets in the United States, 1/3 or 100,000 will become victims of Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking.
- 72% are girls and 28% are boys.
- One in every three college females will be the victim of sexual assault; usually in their freshman or sophomore years.